• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front brake cast sliders?

bcredxj

NAXJA Forum User
the sliders for my front brakes are starting to get some seareously big divits in them. I have noticed that some of the older steering nuckles have removable brake pad carryers/ sliders. can I change over my one pice nuckles over to the two pice ones? I have a 92 4wd auto xj

question

hey im sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but i have a question.. i just signed up on this site today and i cant seem to figure out how to post a question like yours for the life of me! if you could tell me how i would really appreciate it! thank you

bcredxj said:
the sliders for my front brakes are starting to get some seareously big divits in them. I have noticed that some of the older steering nuckles have removable brake pad carryers/ sliders. can I change over my one pice nuckles over to the two pice ones? I have a 92 4wd auto xj

older CJ D30s had a setup like that but the knuckles arent compatible to each housing... not sure what the differences are but you cant do it.. if your knuckles are worn you have to replace it.

I just weld over the grooves and grind them back flat. That's what the brake shops do. At least the honest ones that don't try to sell you new knuckles.

Re: question

alek21 said:
hey im sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but i have a question.. i just signed up on this site today and i cant seem to figure out how to post a question like yours for the life of me! if you could tell me how i would really appreciate it! thank you

Go to the discussion group, for example http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44. There is a button towards the bottom that says "New Thread". It looks like this.

Back