• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some updated pictures of the heep.

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
Got some 33x12.50's thrown on, 5'' up front, 3'' in the back.

Before:
IMGP2128.jpg

After:
IMGP2235.jpg

Flex test....

IMGP2237.jpg

IMGP2236.jpg

I think i may have some rubbing issues in the rear though.....

IMGP2238.jpg

Nice. Definitely time to trim those wheelwells though.

fubar XJ said:
Nice. Definitely time to trim those wheelwells though.

x2, the rear wells have some special built in tire slicers if not trimmed or bumpstopped!

85xj4dr said:
I got my 4.10 rear axle in today. It took me and a friend 2.5 hours to do total. Hopefully it will give me some more "oumph" in 4lo. I can already tell that it gets going on the street better.
You can kiss that thought goodbye. :laugh3:

Kidding aside, enjoy the increase of ground clearance. That's been my biggest downfall all along.

Haha, true. It actually doesn't do too bad. I can still burn em pretty good.

Clearance is always nice. It seems like with 28''s the diffs were a couple inches off the ground. Now its like bam.

get some shackles for the back. You can find some cheap 2" lift ones for $50 on ebay.

I know, I know. I bought them for the cost of a pack of tube fuses and a pack of blade fuses. So basically free. I'll do em for a while, see how bad they are. I really didn't want to rebuild leaf packs that are less than a year old. Plus my jeep rides like a marshmellow.

One of the other problems with blocks (besides axle-wrap) is that they can ruin perfectly good leaves. When the axle wraps, it bends the leaves at the blocks, and you end up ruining your previously good leaf packs. I'd skip the blocks altogether, it really isn't a good deal if you end up having to buy new leaf packs a year down the road anyways.

fubar XJ said:
One of the other problems with blocks (besides axle-wrap) is that they can ruin perfectly good leaves. When the axle wraps, it bends the leaves at the blocks, and you end up ruining your previously good leaf packs. I'd skip the blocks altogether, it really isn't a good deal if you end up having to buy new leaf packs a year down the road anyways.

X2

If you really need the added lift I would add a longer shackle (1.5" lift instead of 3/4) and some other leaves to add to the desired height.

Especially if it already rides like soft!!
Michael

Avanteone has some shackles he might sell ya. They are for a XJ/MJ.

X3 on something else besides blocks. Id run an AAL from another pack.

Ive got a 2wd Ford Ranger main leaf cut down to fit under a stock pack. Rides and flexes good. Got about 3" of lift from it. S10, Durango, Dakota, or any leaf that is 2.5" wide will work. Even adding stock XJ ones.

now its starting to look like a Jeep. by the way, empty your inbox numbnutz

Last edited:
Now you need to get all your crap together terry. Yer the smallest of all the red jeeps.
Yeah, 2.5 sucks but i live with it.

Heres some flex shots. Just for good mesure.
IMGP2242.jpg

IMGP2243.jpg

Nice flex in the back

I'm happy with it. I didn't expect it to flex so well back there.

I need to get some LCA's and trim my front still. The tire was very well pressed up against the flare in that pic.

5'' of lift on stock arms.:(

Back