• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

courtesy lights staying on all the time

Devonjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi to you all I`m new to jeeps and to this forum HI from UK
I got a 97 xj but looks like a 96 my blower for the heater does not work and my courtesy lights have just started to get stuck on all the time I have had to remove the fuse from the front fuse box in the engine compartment. I have now found the fusebox under the steering wheel but its really hard to see. Is it a relay for the courtesy lights or something else help.

it could be that you have a door plunger that is not making contact from being somehow broken or loose. then again your dimmer switch on the dash could be turned to the left and has the courtesy lights switched on... if you have not checked that first, just give everything a good lookover.

Thanks for thaty I found it.

Still got the blowewr problem my fuse box is under the drivers wheel and I need a clue as to wich fuse i need to check.

Hi Devonjeep,
Nice to know I,m not the only one from the UK, I'm in North Wales otherwise I could have given you a hand fix your Jeep! Looking in my handbook, (which is for a 93 XJ) in the fuse panel below the dash, the blower is number 4 cavity, 30 amp and it's a circuit breaker, how you reset them if they have tripped I don't know, but someone on here will know. There is also a resistor pack for the blower which might be the problem, I don't know where it's located, but again, someone on here will.
Another useful website is http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/ which has lots of tips and help.

Good luck with your Jeep

Back