• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

awshifter wiring instructions

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
I de-installed my AWshifter when I swapped tranny's. Now the new one is and working good, I would like to re-install my awshifter. Of course I can't find the paper I wrote down which wires go to which. I tried emailing Brett, but his box is full.

Can Somebody help me out?
I know where the Red & Black go, Just need to know the others.

Thanks,
Jeremy

B.RAIDER said:
Searching leads to a lot of threads on the topic.
There are too many diffrent threads .... so whichever one you have you will need to search.
I found this one in one of the threads.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAutoSwitch.htm

Well, thanks for that...

I need to know specifically what color each of the 6 wires coming out of bret's box hook to. You see, coming out of his box, I don't know exactly what each wire does... that's why I asked. I searched for his install directions and/or to find the color codeing, but he does not list them on his site.

I ll look for mine tonight when I get home. I know I have it, I just have to remember where the secret place I put it was :doh:

Does anyone know where Brett (awshifter guy) is? His Email box is full, he's not responding to PM's, I called his cell, work, GF and mother and can't get a hold of him. I'm going to go knock on his bedroom window in a bit! (JK, I only tried email & PM)

Maybe he's on Vacation!

I'm trying to get my AWshifter re-installed so I can take my heep wheeling this weekeknd!

OK class, I'm bringing this thread back for the Thursday Crowd! I would like to get this Re-installed so I can wheel this weekend! If someone can snap a pic, or write the color combinations of the six wires (minus the black and red) coming out of Brett's box, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

I know there are some people out there running this mod! And Brett's email is still full...

Its his web site with "/insturctions" after it. I think its:
awshifting.com/instructions
But its not working... maybe im wrong but it will jog someones memory.

Ill check tomorrow and see if I can find my install instructions and see if I can get you the site, and if not I can type them in when I find them.
http://www.awshifting.com/instructions

jrowell said:
Does anyone know where Brett (awshifter guy) is? His Email box is full, he's not responding to PM's, I called his cell, work, GF and mother and can't get a hold of him. I'm going to go knock on his bedroom window in a bit! (JK, I only tried email & PM)

Maybe he's on Vacation!

I'm trying to get my AWshifter re-installed so I can take my heep wheeling this weekeknd!

I am sorry!!! I totaly forgot to look I will check tonight. Just had a lot of things going on this week.

AWdiagram-1-1.jpg

I cant get this image to come out not blury. If you IM me an e mail address I can send it to you
and it will look WAAAAAAYYYY better

Last edited:
wire color description, hope this comes out. PM me with your e mail address if it doesnt and I can send it to you.
Awshifter2-1.jpg

Last edited:
jeepme said:
wire color description, hope this comes out. PM me with your e mail address if it doesnt and I can send it to you.
Awshifter2-1.jpg

Thank you man, Your Awesome!

Here are the colors for future searchers:

Red splice to Yellow, Black splice to Black.

Blue splice to Dark Blue/white towards tcu
Gray splice to purple/white towards tcu
White splice to white/black towards tcu

Green splice to Dark Blue/white AWAY from tcu
Brown splice to pirple/white AWAY from tcu
Purple splice to white/black Away from tcu

Back