• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end poping

95sport

NAXJA Forum User
My xj is making a poping sound in the right side front wheel i thought my lca bushings were shot when i kick the tire and seen it bouncing i did it to the other side same thing so that wasnt it so one of my shocks is leaking oil and it might be out of oil by know and its only when i hit bumps. My ball joints are good .When some body rides with me they say they can feel it right by there feet i dint know if a bad shck would do that or not so i have it narrowed down to the lca bushings or the shock is out of oil and not doing a thing up there.

Thanks
Joel

wow...can you say runon sentence? I had to read that twice... :p

yes, shocks can do that but it's more likely a loose control arm bolt, or bad bushing.

axle u joint. mine does the same thing, same side aswell. get under it and look, its probably rusted up something bad. And from all i was told rusting is the first sign, popping is the second.

DEUS meus, ex toto corde poenitet me omnium meorum peccatorum, eaque detestor, quia peccando, non solum poenas a Te iuste statutas promeritus sum, sed praesertim quia offendi Te, summum bonum, ac dignum qui super omnia diligaris. Ideo firmiter propono, adiuvante gratia Tua, de cetero me non peccaturum peccandique occasiones proximas fugiturum. Amen.

pope.jpg

Back