• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

angle ball joints

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 4.5" lift in the front. i have seen a couple posts about ball joints that have different angles for different lifts. do i need these?:wave:

some get these little spacer thingies i forget wat theyre called, but from a front point of view if your tires go outwards at the bottom then you could use these, however this condition doesnt affect your alignment or tire wear at all in my experience.

you're talking about offset degree ball joints: they are useful to correct camber, but if you are using them to fix caster, you're better off getting some adjustable control arms

emr1101 said:
some get these little spacer thingies i forget wat theyre called, but from a front point of view if your tires go outwards at the bottom then you could use these, however this condition doesnt affect your alignment or tire wear at all in my experience.

you are talking about camber and it does effect your alignment, and it will increase tire wear significantly if your camber is off.

Back