• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just set used motor high idle 2000RPM's

MTY Mouse

NAXJA Forum User
I just put in a used motor and used all throttle items from it... idles at 2000, any suggestions???? please help.... TPS,MAP what do you think,,, need to go wheeling tomorrow

clean the IAC valve or replace it. I cleaned mine and still done it so I replaced it and it stopped.

First of all make sure your throttle valve is all the way closed.

If it is, take off your air intake hose, start the jeep at idle, and put your thumb over the IAC bypass hold (beside the main butterfly). If the idle drops when you do this, chances are it's an IAC/Sensor problem. If it doesn't, then chances are the IAC is already at full stop and you have a vacuum leak or the idle screw had been fucked with.

Changed the throttle body off the previous engine, iidle came down and then it would not idle so changed the fuel rail and all injectors and the egr and it runs great.... Thanks everyone...:peace:

Back