• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a good deal?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Guy has a 242 with some sort of SYE and a tom woods DS.. he's asking 275 and is willing to accept my offer of $200.

I know it seems to have "flaws" but im mainly after the sye and the shaft. my 242 works flawlessly.

heres the listing..
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/710815423.html
I have A 21 spline Np242 with an SYE kit and a Drive shaft that looks like just the shaft my roommate bought from Tom Woods ( I'm not sure what it is though). The slip yoke on the shaft is frozen right now, so i am using WD-40 to unfreeze it, has 6"-7" of splines on slip yoke. I do not know the condition of the case I bought it from a wrecking yard for my Grand Cherokee, but My grand was 23 spline.The only thing wrong with the case that I know about is that one of studs that goes into the transmission is broken off. I install a new Brute force u- joint on the out side of Double cardan joint but it will need a new joint on the axle side.When I installed the new u-joint I found a crack in the Flange, I took it to a shop and had them weld it.

This set up cost over $725.00 Check -->ww.4xshaft.com/index.html for prices

Get mine for only $280

I'd say it is a good deal. I can't tell what kind of sye it is but a good tcase with that installed and a driveshaft that supposedly has that much travel seems like a good deal for 200.

Back