• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Choices?

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
I'm tempted to find a different set of wheels for my xj. I currently have mopar cop wheels off of a diplomat and the factory jeep centers bolted to them. it looks decent and they are strong as hell, but i wouldn't mind something a little different. would some of you guys (and gals) post some pics of the wheels that you are running? possibly this may become a stickey or a common thread for the newbies to find some different rims for their jeeps......thanks in advance!!:viking:

yea, thats a great line from one of the best movies from the 80's. so apperantly you guys think i should keep my current wheels? was also thinking about getting them powdercoated argent or black....still wouldnt mind seeing some options.....

hubs97xj said:
Nah, you just need da cop tires, cop suspension and cop motor. :laugh:

Well, IIRC the cop motor should be the same, hit the boneyards for springs, shocks shouldn't be much of an issue, tires that fit those rims and have a decent speed rating might be a bit tough to find.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Are these rims like the older Dodge ralleyes? The cop XJs around here all run the base steelies, and I haven't seen a Diplomat since I was in school. I'm drawing a complete blank here. Got a pic?

I think being a little different is a good thing, but I'll be the first to admit I'd be just as happy to have some nice Moab's too.

hubs97xj said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Are these rims like the older Dodge ralleyes? The cop XJs around here all run the base steelies, and I haven't seen a Diplomat since I was in school. I'm drawing a complete blank here. Got a pic?

I think being a little different is a good thing, but I'll be the first to admit I'd be just as happy to have some nice Moab's too.

here are pictures of his jeep with the wheels in question

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955610

Justin

actually, the wheels shown there are stock ramcharger 15x8. mine look like this ( i know it isn't a good pic)
2736394040086554065jsjRfD_th.jpg

hubs97xj said:
Are those TransCamaro rims minus the centercaps?
Lol which ones? First or second? The first came w/the jeep and the guy said he got them off ebay. The second however are AEV wheels, and I love them. Believe it or not people ask me if they're Ferrari wheels lol. I'm like no, that's a buffalo, not a stallion... :rolleyes:

Heh, the last pic. They struck me as looking very similar to the late 80s/early 90s Z-28 rims initially. Wasn't familiar with the brand, but I just googled it. Those are some good looking rims- like the darker finishes.

Back