• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 to a 29 spline Chry 8.25 - got ?'s

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I can use a wrench but I know very little of what I'm doing when it comes to the axles....

1) I know the axle wont come with the ebrake cables but shouldnt I be able to use mine??
2) Will my driveshaft work?
3) Will my U-bolts work

Anything else I'm not thinking about???

Thanks!
- Joe

You'll need new u-bolts.

Did same swap...

Your Shaft will bolt up

You will need new u-bolts as stated above

You can use the same e-brake cables

The only thing i miss on the 35 is the bigger drum and shoes.

what did you do about the ABS? I am getting ready to buy this tommorrow and do the swap just lil confused on how to tackle the non abs when i have abs.

I cut the wires that run to the wheel sensors, then you go to the PDC in the engine bay and pull the fuses/relays for the ABS system. The ABS light shouldn't come on anymore.

and if the light does come on, remove it from the dash panel

What i was told to do was just tuck the wiring harness away and leave it be due to the fact if you pull the fuse you might loose break pressure. for those who have done the swap and drive daily what did you do?

i dont know about RENIX rigs, but on my 95 all i did was remove the ABS wires from under the back seat to the axle, pulled all the ABS fuses and relays from the PDC and removed the ABS light on the dash. YRMV

i dont know about RENIX rigs, but on my 95 all i did was remove the ABS wires from under the back seat to the axle, pulled all the ABS fuses and relays from the PDC and removed the ABS light on the dash. YRMV

this is what i am gonna try just not pull the fuse so my vacuum pump will still be working just not for the rear, this is in theory and hope it works. any ideas of this? HAS ANYONE DONE A 8.25 SWAP TO A BENDIX RIG????

I HAVE! I HAVE! i pulled the ABS fuse from under the dash and havent had one problem. took the light out of the dash as well.

I HAVE! I HAVE! i pulled the ABS fuse from under the dash and havent had one problem. took the light out of the dash as well.

Me too. Same exact thing. no issues.

ahhhhhhhhhhh!

the number of you guys who are willing to risk your lives after reading that page on bendix ABS brakes is pretty mindbending.

Ah well, seems Darwin is alive and well.

When working on brakes, do it once, and do it right...

Ah well i plan on doing that, just it comes with time ya know. if i can get something to work till i get to that stage then so be it. It's not a DD

Back