• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rocky road ott steering...opinions

That is WAY too much hardware to keep tight for a steering system. Wow!! Start doing some searching on here, you'll find quite a few simpler and better kits that are available.

A.

Rocky Road said:
Due to heavy demand, the OTT Steering kit is available by Pre-Sale only at this time. Demand is unexpectedly high and the OTT steering kits sell faster than we can manufacture them. Place your order NOW to reserve your kit. An immediate order guarantees your kit in our next batch!
So you pay now...and might see the product by 2009. RRO has a crappier reputation than Rusty's when it comes to getting product to the customer in a timely manner.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

They also make a lot of sketchy claims.

The OTT steering system is the only kit to offer full legality on public roads.

The only street legal steering kit? Nice. Its good to know the WJ conversions and JCR kits I've been installing arent street legal.

yea i totally agree just saw it was semi new and wanted to see the comments. so the jcr kit that isnt otk is bolt on right? is the otk one also a bolt on? also can you run riddler mfg diff cover? if not what heavy duty covers can you run

Howdy! I bought an OTT kit for a CJ and haven't gotten around to installing it yet. As far as their reputation you guys are right on track. Took well over a month to get my parts just to discover I had to modify the rear perches and the shocks were too short. I called and emailed more times than I can remember and all I ever got out of these people were empty promises (read "LIES"). It'll ship by Friday. Two weeks later they're just going into production. I've built four Jeeps and have never had a problem with a retailer like this before.

:gee:

Hey...you've been warned. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I hate to start a first post in this manner, but I don't want anyone else experiencing the same aggravation I did. Thanks for having me!!

jeepmanjr said:
I hate to start a first post in this manner, but I don't want anyone else experiencing the same aggravation I did. Thanks for having me!!

Hate to blow your crediblity out of the water... nice first post, but seriously... try an introduction post first :gee:

Nothing is bolt on.

That being said welcome to NAXJA :wave: Come on a trail ride; stick around for the tech

Gravesdiggerxj said:
Hate to blow your crediblity out of the water... nice first post, but seriously... try an introduction post first :gee:

Nothing is bolt on.

That being said welcome to NAXJA :wave: Come on a trail ride; stick around for the tech

Many things are bolt on. Thats why Rubicon Express and TNT cost more, though.

;)

I am installing it now...never had a problem with RRO, despite the bad rep, i use their Control arm drops with great success...I will let u know, but it is very beefy. i had the welds xrayed at work and they are spot on.

so please don't bash it, seeing i am the only one that has one for an xj.....I think. :)

It did take 6 weeks to get it, but hey, they are made to order.

RRO OTT kits for other vehicles have been met with some success.

Cipey

Back