• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"O" ring/Grommet seal on fuel pressure reg.

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need one, mine blew out big time the other day! I'm using a "O" ring and it is working but when it comes to fuel leaks that can happen close to the exhaust manifold...well I'm not taking any chances.

This is the seal that is on the fuel pressure regulator and it goes into the fuel rail on a 90' XJ 4.0. It really isn't a "O" ring, its more like a gasket/grommet. The only way I can get it is by buying a regulator and thats not cheap. I've checked everywhere but NAPA, and I'm calling there tomorrow.

The dealer does not have it seperate either.

Anybody got any ideas/sources?

xjtrailrider said:
I need one, mine blew out big time the other day! I'm using a "O" ring and it is working but when it comes to fuel leaks that can happen close to the exhaust manifold...well I'm not taking any chances.

This is the seal that is on the fuel pressure regulator and it goes into the fuel rail on a 90' XJ 4.0. It really isn't a "O" ring, its more like a gasket/grommet. The only way I can get it is by buying a regulator and thats not cheap. I've checked everywhere but NAPA, and I'm calling there tomorrow.

The dealer does not have it seperate either.

Anybody got any ideas/sources?

Try Home Depot, they have a good selection of O Rings and Grommets.

got a box of o-rings from auto zone in the help section. popped them on the hose and its just like the factory setup. instead of using the o-ring application tool that you get when you buy them from the dealer. this worked great. haven't seen any moisture from the lines at all.

I think it actaully is an O-ring. Only that after being on the car so long, it starts to flatten. Some O-ring kits for fuel injectors come with and extra o-ring for the regulator, so I believe it uses the same size as the injectors. I have mines apart and this seems to be the case. Try "Standard" brand part number SK9, or GP Sorensen #8009220 that's the Oring kit for fuel injectors. Hope this helps.

I believe it's an oring also...it does come in an injector o-ring kit. There will be 13 orings in the kit, 12 for the injectors (upper and lower) and 1 for the regulator.

The other end is also available at the dealer and it's a fuel line o-ring kit...that one includes the plastic spacer.

Thaks guys! Incredibly that was the "O" ring I put in there on the side of the road, it was one of only a few "O" rings that I had in my tool box that was in the Jeep.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Jon

Back