• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lifter noise or?

92jeepxjOR

NAXJA Forum User
I posted in OEM but dident get any replys, So I thought it was just a cracked exhaust manifold making the ticking noise but now I'm pretty sure its a lifter making the noise it sounds like its coming from the center of the valve cover it will do it when its warming up then if I shut it off and restart it it will stop doing it till I start driving for a few minutes but not constantly so I'm confused so any advice or help would be really appreciated BTW its a 92 with a 4.0

drain a quart of oil out and pour a quart of marvel mystery oil in and drive till the noise disappears.It got rid of my lifter noise on my 89.I was skeptical at first but the stuff is no joke.

Last edited:
Its meant to be added to crankcase oil as a viscosity "improver".....but it has alot of detergents in it that cleans out things like lifters.You can even use it in your gas tank.This stuff was created for the aviation industry and has been around since the 50's I believe.Many here on this board use it,Including myself

Back