• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So now it comes down to McCain, Obama & Paul. . .

Who are you voting for?

• Obama (Clinton lite)

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • McCain (Bush lite)

Votes: 81 54.4%
  • Paul (and the new Revolution)

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • some other nut job. . . .

Votes: 18 12.1%

• Total voters

ZomBrady

Chubby Chaser Extraordinaire
NAXJA Member
So who you voting for and why?

Me, well I'm a Paultard. Personally, I like anyone that says the federal government is too big and needs to get it's nose out from under my tent flap.
Paul's against the Patriot Act, wants our troops home believes that states should have the right to decide many of their own issues. What's not to like? Well aside from him being crazier than a fruit bat. :D

Is Paul running as an independent, or do you plan just to write his name in?

ECKSJAY said:
If freedom from control is crazy, hand me a straight jacket.

Osama wouldn't make it past March, I bet.

Well, I think that the vast majority of Americans(democrat or republican) are so brainwashed in to being okay with how much governmental control we live with today that anyone who points out how far we've strayed from the original intent of our founding fathers and the government that they set in place, that anyone point that out is automatically branded a looney.

It's really sad I think. But that also why we need a new Revolution.

I think Hillary is counting on Obama getting whacked. . . .

oo7ravisXJ said:
Is Paul running as an independent, or do you plan just to write his name in?

If he's not on the ballot in the state I'll be in, then I'll write his name in.

Ecomike said:
Their are just too many pissed of americans that had enough of the Republicans for a while.
I like the above quote.....I'll vote for anyone just to get the republicans out of office. ANYONE!

Once again,

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Ron Paul lost me when he said he would pull out the troops immediately. Frankly I labeled him a nut for making such a statement. Even the dems understand that we can't just pull out now. Ronny wouldn't be able to either, he was just trying to appeal to all the Bush haters.

I'll never vote for a group of people that think the solution to everything is to tax the hell out of people, and at the same time tell you they are only going to tax the rich.

It pisses me off that I don't have as much money as someone else, but I don't expect the government to act as Robin Hood.

So Osama Obama, no way. Hillbilly? Certainly not. I've had enough of the Clinton's to last me 10 life times.

The dems chances are better this time, Kerry was a horror. I think McCain will win it because he will be viewed as a tough leader who will keep the country safe. Osama Obama will be viewed as a naive kid that thinks that talking to dictators and terrorists will make any difference. Russian's? Sure, Terrorists, no.

The dems only chance is a Osama Obama/Hillbilly ticket. We may see that happen in the next few days.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.....

1974_eating_popcorn.gif

Carry on!

McCain but id still take Rudy Guilanni(sp?) over any of them. Clinton views seem to communist to me and I feel that Obama wont last in office or will get killed.

I put "some other nut job" on the poll, just to be contrary. Maybe I'll write in Howard Dean.

Basically, since I live in Vermont, with its one electoral vote, the election is over for us and it doesn't matter whom I waste my vote on. I'll probably vote for Obama as the least objectionable candidate, so that when McCain wins the election and starts ***ing up the country I will have an excuse to complain.

NickThePyro said:
McCain but id still take Rudy Guilanni(sp?) over any of them. Clinton views seem to communist to me and I feel that Obama wont last in office or will get killed.

McCain might as well, although his would be of natural causes.

You know I hate to think this might be true, but when Hillbilly started talking about Bobby Kennedy's assassination, I am now wondering if she was trying to send a signal to some crazed stalker/fan/tree hugger. ;)

muckleroy said:
McCain might as well, although his would be of natural causes.

You know I hate to think this might be true, but when Hillbilly started talking about Bobby Kennedy's assassination, I am now wondering if she was trying to send a signal to some crazed stalker/fan/tree hugger. ;)
Yeah, he is a little bit of a geezer to say the least, I just wish McCain was more to the right because his views are kinda lopsided at times :(

NickThePyro said:
Yeah, he is a little bit of a geezer to say the least, I just wish McCain was more to the right because his views are kinda lopsided at times :(

lol, I agree. Like I have said before, no matter who wins there will be a Democrat in the Whorehouse this time. :( (LOL! Spell checker suggested Whorehouse for WhiteHouse, so I picked it!)

McCain is just the least Democrat I can pick.

I agree with most of the libertarian platform, but their foreign policy has always scared the shit out of me. For one thing the idea that we can trade with "whoever" is pretty naive and assumes that they want to trade with us instead of conquering us. Second, you have to defend your allies if you want them to be around and help defend you, and if you want to have reliable trade partners.

I mean, apply the Ron Paul test to WWII for example: We would not have invaded Europe (it was Japan that attacked us not Germany), leaving England alone to fight the Nazi machine. If by chance the Soviets had defeated the Nazis alone, then we'd have had communist rule across the whole continent. In either situation, we'd have lost Europe as a trading partner and ally, while either the Nazis or Soviets would work to expand their empire to our shores. This is what libertarian foreign policy looks like.

Anyway, the Republicans still have the best story on the rest of the libertarian agenda--limited government, power comes from the people, etc--so that's the way I'll vote. I'll be holding my nose a little though.

muckleroy said:
lol, I agree. Like I have said before, no matter who wins there will be a Democrat in the Whorehouse this time. :( (LOL! Spell checker suggested Whorehouse for WhiteHouse, so I picked it!)

McCain is just the least Democrat I can pick.
Yeah, it sucks there will be a jack ass in office(pun intended) and it sickens me. We pull out the war we are royaly fucked up the ass. Sorry for the profanity but its the truth!

Yes, lets jump on the bandwagon and blame Republicans for everything wrong in this country...:roflmao:

Everything from high gas prices, to global warming to the war....all caused by the vast right wing conspiracy machine! THE HORRORS!!!! LOL

Lets everyone write in Ron Paul. I want him to get elected and see the "I just pissed my pants" look on his face when he realizes what his new job is. It'd be like combining the Titanic, Hindenberg and Exxon-Valdez all in one large event. You REALLY think all of these things he claims to want to change would happen in 4 years? Maybe if we were under dictatorship rule...sure, maybe it might happen.

I do agree, too much power in the Fed Gov't right now - but it has to be a gradual change. States are not equipped or set up to operate with more power/independence now. And its Dems to blame for the Fed having too much power, not Reps.

And Obama/Osama isn't Clinton Lite. I think he's MUCH worse than she could ever hope to be.

Mike Huckabee 2012!!!

Back