• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WARN Trans4mer opinions

i had one and winched from it several times no problems...

got rid of it only because it stuck out so far it was hindering approach angle... the fairlead for the winch that is...

now it also didn't fit the warn9500 winch i bought (too wide for the inner brackets) but a little plasma trimming fixed that...

Warn Trans4mer huh...?

Is that a Winch that turns into a Robot?

I should get one to battle the evil Decepticon air compressor hiding out in my garage....

it's fine from a strength standpoint, it's designed to handle winching... most people dont like the looks, and it sticks out a bit. If you want a winch mount, I'd suggest the backbone system from Detours Offroad (http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php). If you just want a grill guard, go with one of the commercial companies, it'll be cheaper.

I like my EW9000 summit branded T-Max winch. I've seen that model pull an XJ about a half mile up Clawhammer at Johnson Valley when the fuel pump on the jeep went out. Cal's the one that did the winching, LONG day on the trail and he abused the crap out of that winch that day.
AJ makes some nice bumpers, put your name on the list now. :)

my problem with it is its rediculousy expensive compared to what else is out there.

Back