• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting Size?

A little more info. Do you mean the hard brake lines going to the WC and hose. Those would be for 3/16" brake line, the tube nuts(flare nuts) would take a 1/2" flare wrench IIRC. These fittings are male and come long or short.
PS- they are double flare

I'm inclined to think it would be 5/16" SAE or 3/8" SAE double-flare, but no-one has reported back to me yet. Measure the OD of the threaded part of the nut, and use that as a quick measurement to select a replacement (if you're bending your own lines from straight.)

Brake lines are usually double-walled tho, so don't use just any old tubing and expect it to work...

Thanks, shiat always has to be difficult. My Wilwood caliper has a 1/8-27 NPT fitting after my tube adapter, was 3/8-24 I.F. before. So I guess I'll have that at the caliper end and 3/8-24 SAE? at the block. Going with braided stainless and crimp on fittings Jon.

Last edited:
There are adapters for everything, well sort of.

I didnt realize there were pipe thead fittings in any braking system, a mixture of IF and AN fittings is enough of a headache to adapt.

As always, the fewest connections is the best.

Most aftermarket brake accessories are pipe thread. I have I think 6 pipe thread to IF adapters on my XJ. Both ends of 2 line locks and an adjustable prop valve.

Back