• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar Advise

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 99 XJ with 6.5 RC springs and 2" spacers and adjustable trackbar new 35" tires.Now my issue is I am getting some bump steer and alot of squeeking noise from where the trackbar heims joint hooks to the frame mount.The person who owned it before me removed part of the trac bar bracket and drilled it for the heims i beleive.I am trying to get a better steering and less noise from it.I was thinking an over axel mount and maybe new tracbar frame mount?How do you determine what lenth track bar you need?
Any constructive ideas?

bump steer is from your track bar and drag link not being parallel.

I hope at 8.5" of lift, you're not running stock steering. what's your steering setup like?

please get rid of the heim joint and the (i'm guessing) stock frame side mount.

TNT Customs/TREKS can make you a custom trackbar setup, with a beefy frame side mount. They also have a nice truss which can incorporate an over axle trackbar mount.

also Firestone said i need adjustbale balljoints to get the alignment in so I got the NAPA adjustable uppers from-2 to +2 and need to install them this weekend.

JNickel101 said:
bump steer is from your track bar and drag link not being parallel.

I hope at 8.5" of lift, you're not running stock steering. what's your steering setup like?

please get rid of the heim joint and the (i'm guessing) stock frame side mount.

TNT Customs/TREKS can make you a custom trackbar setup, with a beefy frame side mount. They also have a nice truss which can incorporate an over axle trackbar mount.

is this what you are talking about?
http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=165

I have that trac bar system by TNT and it rocks

Broke rustys trash bar about 6 times before I upgraded to this

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
yes its stock I will take a pic and post it up.later tonite after work. also i have the tnt y link .

There is your problem!!!!!!:shocked: If you move the axel trackbar mount to the top you will need a custom tracbar. Get rid of the stock frame side mount and buy one from TnT, RE or Kevins Offroad. When you talk to one of these businesses explain your lift so they can best help you!

THAT depends on your steering geometry. The rule is to keep your draglink and trackbar parallel. A second consideration is to keep their lengths as close as you can, too.

I would suggest the RE bracket since you can add the brace to it.

Everyone I have talked to that uses Kevins setup loves it!! I am running a TnT setup and I really like it.

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
I would suggest the RE bracket since you can add the brace to it.

The RE brace can be modified to work with other setups!

Lots of guys out here run the RE HD trackbar/bracket. Works great and it's adjustable.

Back