• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

If I could stand up and ask just one question

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
in congress and the senate it would be, WHAT THE @#$% ARE YOU ASSHOLES DOING.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd tell them to get the <i have a dirty mouth and need soap> out and invite all you guys in. lol

I would ask where the best hookers hang out...

Too many words - they'll get lost halfway through the sentence.

I'd rather walk in with 535 pink slips, hand them out on the way in, and say "You're all FIRED!"

Now, if I could ask just one question in return - what prompted this sort of outburst from you? I'm reasonably sure we share a common opinion of that august body (with the collective IQ of Zimbu the Monkey, and the utility of a can of mashed arseholes...) but what did they do to crank you off this time?:wow:

I've been doing a lot of reading and poking around. The bottom line is I see the government throwing in more roadblocks to energy, in fact all they have been doing is throwing in roadblocks and doing NOTHING to bring down energy prices. Now I realize that pumping from anwar is like pissing in a bucket as far as our daily needs are concerned so thats just part of it.
They wasted how many man hours putting Polar bears on the ESL when the population of the animals is the highest it's ever been since they started counting them. They wasted how many man hours on drugs in pro sports, who cares, let the clubs handle it and fire the players, seems simple to me, you get black listed for drugs thats it, career over and you don't end up as a sports broadcaster.
We are in an economic war in case it has not dawned on people yet, we've spent the last 50 years bootstrapping third world countries in to the industrial age JUST SO THEY COULD COMPETE WITH US, well guess what, it worked and they kicked our asses.
When I hear the governor of Montana tell the entire country that 'we can supply the entire gas, diesel and LPG needs of the entire US with our coal to gas conversion plants WHY THE @#$% IS THE GOVERNMENT STOPPING THEM.
We need to start selling one more tag on state hunting licenses, actually two, one for tree huggers, limit 3 per year, the other I will leave to your imagination and it would be dependent on the firearms laws being changed in DC....
I guess I got set off by having to fill the wrangler twice yesterday and spending $80 to do so. Thats the most I have bought gas in 6 months, a tank usually lasts me almost 2 weeks.

I'm in for this party... Hell, I'll bring beer.
I'll add some, too: Our troops are in almost every country in the world with bases, many with military conflict happening daily. Iraq and Afghanistan come to mind rather prominently.
The money being spent on achieving NOTHING in those countries, as well as our bases in Germany (who really doesn't need us any more...) could be spent on making our educational system more competitive and keeping old men like my father from having to physically labor past 65... Instead? Maiming young people in the US and Iraqi military groups.

Assholes. Spineless cowards of the US government. They ought to feel shame, starting with our CEO / Commander In Chief

yossarian19 said:
I'll add some, too: Our troops are in almost every country in the world with bases, many with military conflict happening daily. Iraq and Afghanistan come to mind rather prominently.
The money being spent on achieving NOTHING in those countries, as well as our bases in Germany (who really doesn't need us any more...) could be spent on making our educational system more competitive and keeping old men like my father from having to physically labor past 65... Instead? Maiming young people in the US and Iraqi military groups.

Assholes. Spineless cowards of the US government. They ought to feel shame, starting with our CEO / Commander In Chief

I, for one, think that No Child Left Behind is absolute brilliance.

Then again...I live in the nirvana that is Colorado. We don't have kids that are behind, troubled, emotionally traumatized, in need of basic assistance (educationally and mentally) or anything of the sort (as far as anyone else knows).

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

First page.

1974_eating_popcorn.gif

Carry on!

People talk about Bush's low approval rating (like what, 38%?) - Congress has a 19% approval rating....

Chew on that Democrats....

JNickel101 said:
People talk about Bush's low approval rating (like what, 38%?) - Congress has a 19% approval rating....

Chew on that Democrats....
A blind republican sheeple speaks again! :looser:

yossarian19 said:

You wanna know something really f*cked up...most of the money in this war is going to pay civilian contractors working at bases over here in the sandbox...

Example: Company A was contracted out to provide large vehicle operators (read: Bus drivers) for our base shuttle system (we live miles away from where we actually work...base is very spread out). These guys and gals sign a 13 month contract to drive a bus around for 8-10 or so hours a day. Up front, they get a $12,000 bonus - just for signing on.

They get 29 days paid vacation, and a free commercial plane ticket home (or wherever) for this vacation. Work 6 days a week.

Total salary: $143,000 a year, give or take, depending on exact hours worked.

To drive a bus.

oh...and its tax free. And their housing (off base in a US rented apartment/condo complex) and food is paid for (if they eat at the chow halls here).

To drive a bus.

Your tax dollars at work. :anon:

TRNDRVR said:
A blind republican sheeple speaks again! :looser:

Last I checked, its a Democrap controlled Congress....

And I hate everyone equally. I just think its ironic that everyone (democraps) bitches about Bush's approval rating, when they should be looking at their own job...

Go back to your popcorn...

Ok here's my idea on how all elected positions should work...

You know how jury duty works, same thing with the House of Representatives, Senate and President.

Could you imagine?

"Damn it!"
"What's wrong honey?!?!"
"I got another Presidential summons!"
"Really? You were just President 6 months ago."

It's a joke, but I can't help but wonder if the country wouldn't be run better from people that care about doing the right thing instead of being career politicians.

muckleroy said:
Ok here's my idea on how all elected positions should work...

You know how jury duty works, same thing with the House of Representatives, Senate and President.

Could you imagine?

"Damn it!"
"What's wrong honey?!?!"
"I got another Presidential summons!"
"Really? You were just President 6 months ago."

It's a joke, but I can't help but wonder if the country wouldn't be run better from people that care about doing the right thing instead of being career politicians.

I believe it's 5-90 who says "if they actually want the job, they shouldn't be allowed to have it"

I apologize if I have misquoted you 5-90 - but I think I've read that in your posts on more than one occurance :D

JNickel101 said:
You wanna know something really f*cked up...most of the money in this war is going to pay civilian contractors working at bases over here in the sandbox...

Example: Company A was contracted out to provide large vehicle operators (read: Bus drivers) for our base shuttle system (we live miles away from where we actually work...base is very spread out). These guys and gals sign a 13 month contract to drive a bus around for 8-10 or so hours a day. Up front, they get a $12,000 bonus - just for signing on.

They get 29 days paid vacation, and a free commercial plane ticket home (or wherever) for this vacation. Work 6 days a week.

Total salary: $143,000 a year, give or take, depending on exact hours worked.

To drive a bus.

oh...and its tax free. And their housing (off base in a US rented apartment/condo complex) and food is paid for (if they eat at the chow halls here).

To drive a bus.

Your tax dollars at work. :anon:

Dude, we actually agree on something! I'll give you one that will piss you off even more! There is a computer system the Army uses (I can't say the name). It was designed in the late 80's and early 90's to fight a conventional conflict against the Ruskies. The system is tedious to use, full of problems, and down right useless in an unconventional fight. In fact, we have new systems already being used in Iraq that are 8000 times better. Yet, since the Army is still under contract with the manufacturers of the older computer system every Brigade is required to have a civilian rep in the war zone to "work" on the system, the very system that we reformatted the hard drive on to work with the newer system. This guy sat in Iraq for 12 months collecting a massive paycheck and did nothing! ($240,000, not all tax free, but still) Not a thing, since everybody scrapped the system.

He's a buddy of mine, and he even admits it's retarded, so I can't really blame him for making money. But that is essentially war profiteering at it's best. Imagine, if he made that kind of money, what the Army had to pay the company that makes the system?

Hmmm smells like OpenVMS, which is actually a very good operating system.

muckleroy said:
Hmmm smells like OpenVMS, which is actually a very good operating system.

It's not, it's an intelligence tool that runs on top of windows. It's not actually an OS, but I call it a system because there is a lot more to it than just the program and computer.

buschwhaked said:
It's not, it's an intelligence tool that runs on top of windows. It's not actually an OS, but I call it a system because there is a lot more to it than just the program and computer.

Ahh ok. I knew that Compaq, then HP had to agree to support OpenVMS for 20 years after they bought Digital. So it sounded like that might be it.

Hey I got an idea. You want to see it done differently run for office. :laugh3:

Ghost said:
Hey I got an idea. You want to see it done differently run for office. :laugh3:

I don't know about you, but if I had a spare 200 million I'd put it into my Jeep ;)

Back