• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Brake lights

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
To start out my daily driver, 1994 exploder lived up to its name and exploded. Now I have to get my comanche going, I am now down to just needing to get my brake lights working. I have looked this up on comanche club and naxja and can not find the answer.

My brake lights will not light up. I replaced all the bulbs. I have tried touching a hot wire to both sides of the brake light switch and still nothing. are the comanche brake lights grounded at the fixture, are they wired in-line, which color is the wire for the brake light, do the tail and brake share a common ground?

Mine is a 98 but I lost my brake lights too. I had to apply power to one of the wires on the brake switch(The plunger style that the pedal hits). I don't remember which one I can go out and check. I think it was a blue/pink wire. I don't know why it happened but its been working for me for about 6 months now I will check back into this thread with the right wire color if that will help you

I went to the local auto parts store and found a piece that plugs into your fuse block and provides a new fused circuit, wile still keeping the original. I then ran that hot lead to the brake light switch and from there to the back tail lights. now i need to find a relay that will only allow the two sides to work together only when the brake light switch is operated.

My idea is to run a normally open relay with the switched circuit on the wire that connects the two tail lights and then the operating circuit off the actual lead from the brake light switch. however if i do this I will lose turn signals when i hit the breaks.

Any Ideas?

Back