• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Replacement ?? Bottom Trans Line

Tall Shadow

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all!
I've been lurking around here, trying to learn as much as possable...before I have to ask something.

But I've run in to something that I need an answer to ASAP!

I just got done replacing the radiator, thermostat, and water pump on my 2000 Cherokee sport 4.0l .....and while installing the lower trans cooler line, back on to the radiator.....I forget if it needs to go >Up to< or >Over< the flair in the line. It's driving me crazy, and the Hayes manual (CRAP!) is of no help.

Can anyone give me a little help here!?!?!?!

Thanks!

Tall Shadow

IIRC it is over the "rib" on the quick disconnect

I always cut out the original flex section of the OEM line and use some "Gates" brand 3/8" I.D. tranny cooler hose and fuel injection hose clamps, 2 clamps at each end. Just use a tubing cutter to remove the original flex line from the tranny hard line and slip the tranny cooler line over it and then the nipple on the radiator. This eliminates the leaky quick connect and is easier/cheaper to repair in the future.

xjtrailrider said:
I always cut out the original flex section of the OEM line and use some "Gates" brand 3/8" I.D. tranny cooler hose and fuel injection hose clamps, 2 clamps at each end. Just use a tubing cutter to remove the original flex line from the tranny hard line and slip the tranny cooler line over it and then the nipple on the radiator. This eliminates the leaky quick connect and is easier/cheaper to repair in the future.

Well, today is the first "real" test I've been able to give it....(my drive to/from work =60miles)...and, so far....it is working well. (but I'm nervous about it now!)

I was thinking along these same lines, and if it gives me ANY trouble at all...I will be doing exactly what you said above. The last thing I need is a 30+mile walk home! :looney:

Thanks Again Everyone! :clap:

Tall Shadow

Back