• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME's vs. RE Monotubes

jman

NAXJA Forum User
Im debating which ones to get. The Old Man Emu shocks are about 50 bucks more than the Monotubes from where I'm buying them. Im looking for the one with the best ride quality, because im mostly going to be on pavement. Anyone have either of these? Waddya say about them?

I cant speak for the REs, havnt had em yet. HEARD nothin but good, tho...
I DO have and have had OMEs on my ThumperXJ for a LONG time, and Ive gotta say, daBLEEPmn exclellent shocks AND springs!

I wish I would have purchased my monotubes two years ago!

I do not have personal experience with OME shocks but a local xj driver has them and loves them.

The OME's are more expensive but are a little more plush. The RE monotubes are a little stiffer but cost less. I run RE monotubes and will buy them again when these wear out.

I run RE monotubes on my XJ and my dad runs OMEs on his grand. Both are amazing shocks, you can't go wrong.

I have the OME N35-36L's in my jeep at 4.5" and have driven my friends at 5.5" with the monotubes and I think the monotubes win hand down for overall road comfort... but it might also be due to the fact that his is slightly newer too... but yes you really cannot go wrong with either of those choices.

I just bought the OME's to replace my Rusty's shocks. Where I bought them, the OME's were only $10 more than the monotubes and both came with free shipping. I want better on road comfort, so I figured the OME's would be better.

Back