• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant find a rear diff slider/guard

xthejuicex

NAXJA Forum User
A little while ago I have seen pictures of peoples jeeps with a rear diff slider. I have looked all over online and have only really found one from Nth Degree which isnt in buisness anymore. Here is a review on the Nth degree one: http://www.getdirtyoffroad.com/slider.htm . I am looking for something like that. If anyone has had experience with these type of sliders, let me know what you thought of them or if you know where to get them, please let me know. Thanks.

Get the RuffStuff covers and never worry again. I have them and love 'em.

EDIT; I just pulled the link, your looking for something to guard underneath. I have a pattern for one that I'm thinking about building but I've never had issues sliding over stuff since I shaved the diff.

I've seen several companies make those and if you have some 1/4" steel it wouldn't be to hard to make a set yourself. Not sure what search terms you've used trying google (or if you have) but search for differential skids, more companies that make them have them labeled that way.

Rock-It makes the same thing for the 8.25....

I made one for my Ford 9". !/4 plate, just had to section it. It wasn't difficult. Snapped a rear ujoint after smaking it on a rock the first time out. Haven't had an issue since putting it on.

The nice thing about the Nth degree one is that it covers the yoke and the end of the driveshaft. THis way you do not take out the U-joint in the driveshaft dragging it along the rocks. I have one of the very first ones that Nth degree made and love it. I definately have gone over obsticles that I would have destroyed my driveshaft if not for the guard. I have had others in our group say they would not try an obsticle that we did because of worrying about taking out the rear driveshaft. I recommend it to anyone.

Yeah, I beat the snot out of my nth degree slider and could not imagine not having it. I've had guys offer me $350 for it on the trail several times.

markw said:
That's for a D35, most guys want to destroy those just as an excuse to replace it. :)

That slider violates the first axle rule on an XJ, thou shalt not spend money on the dana 35. :)
I was just providing the web site. I have used one on my 8.25 for 5 years now and they work great.

Back