• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liberty Weekend ,answers,Directions & Info:

hards91xj

NAXJA Member #790
Directions from CleElum::
Take Hwy 970 / 97 North toward Wenatchee Approx 18 miles.
Turn RIGHT onto road to "Historic Town Site Liberty" Watch for this road ,it`s on a right curve and shows up quick.:exclamati
Follow for 3/4 of a mile approx.There is a Large Grass Field on the LEFT,:exclamati ,Turn Left onto the Driveway at the start of field area.
Go 150 feet to a Single Track Road to the LEFT :exclamati ,Turn LEFT follow for 200 feet ,{there should be trees on your left and a Open field on your right}} You should be able to see us across the field on your right.

INFORMATION / Camping:
This is a open area with some trees No Designated Camp sites ,No Fees There is a outhouse by a private cabin at the edge of the trees,Across the road at the Forest Camp Area are Sanicans .
I don`t think there is any running water { there is a creek} If you have a Water jug bring it with water.
Remember NO CAMP FIRES you can use Propane grills and Camp stoves NO Briquette Barbeques.

THERES MORE::::
This is a group campout sharing with Seattle Jeep Club members ,which 3 are NAXJA NW Chapter members
Meals are on your own Except for Sunday ,the Jeep Club will probably do a Potluck,if you want to particpate bring something,[i`m bringing 4 bean salad from Sam`s Club and grapes]
There is a Safeway in CleElum and Lots of Resturants There are Motels but the Ellensburg Rodeo might make rooms scarse.
I should be there between 2--4 pm on friday. On cb ch 4 ,Cellservice is ??? mine quits after leaving CleElum.

RUN STUFF:::
It`s going to be dusty:exclamati :exclamati
No rock gardens like Menashtash there are some trees, stumps ,roots that could attack ,loose shale sandstone areas Lots of ridge vista photo opps.
Be ready 9am??
I plan on heading out for a trail by 10 am Sat and the same for Sun.

We will probably have multiple groups ,don`t worry nobody will see it all in 1 day or probably 2 days.
Anything I left out ??
ask here or pm me
See ya there.:patriot:

Cleatus and I will leave Spokane around 5:30 am Saturday. That should put us in Cle Elum about 8:30 to 9:00. We will be there just for Saturday.

Howard, thanks for the info and directions.

However, it looks like I'm going to pike on you guys this weekend. Seems there is an impending dove invasion in Central WA and they're just begging to be blown out of the sky. I've been called to serve. :D

Dad needs a little 'me' time. ;) You guys have fun and be safe up there...

Looks like the list is slimming down. Can you eat dove? :D

I persume these people are still going?

hards91xj
Black89xj
Ixnayxj
12guagexj
Andy with Sniggs
Sniggs
Opracer315
Mojojojo
My92xj
Coolcal
Sams88
GI John
Cleatus92

Anyone else?

Ill be arriving saturday morning for wheeling and camping that night, wheeling sunday again, and heading home afterwards.

See you all Saturday/Sunday!

Thanks for the updated list:yelclap:
I thought Phil would be there to check out for future NW Fests but He is a :looser: on this one ".Wings of a Dove " are calling him.
I have signs ready and some copies of the trails .
To bad Hans isn`t coming , almost NW Fests 04-05 .He`s missing out.

i am deffinately out. :tears: my kids fly out for NY at 11:59 sat night. that leaves me a seriouse lack of time and $$$. i will be expecting lots of pic's and videos. have fun!!!

oh Phil.....does this mean i get to :twak: you for not comming. I was looking forward to wheeling with you :bawl: .

BTW....Rocky is on her test drive today. Hopefully we got all the :repair: done. We had to resurface the head, put a new head gasket on, replace the radiator, put a new theromstat in, a new water pump and just for the heck of it we changed the spark plugs. So in theory she is ready to go. :yelclap:

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you

You did leave out 1 thing howard..........I sure hope none of you are afraid of scratching your paint:roflmao:

MY92XJ said:
You did leave out 1 thing howard..........I sure hope none of you are afraid of scratching your paint:roflmao:

Ok now, your making it harder to know i can't go. I will be there next run.

Going camping with my daughter and friends.

James.

WOW....you guys are dropping like flies !!!!!!! What are you chickens.....ROFLMAO:roll: :moon:

12GaugeXJ said:
Looks like the list is slimming down. Can you eat dove? :D

I persume these people are still going?

hards91xj
Black89xj
Ixnayxj
12guagexj
Andy with Sniggs
Sniggs
Opracer315

My92xj
Coolcal

GI John
Cleatus92
A couple new ones:
Ken in a Red One.
D Brodinsky.90 xj

Anyone else?

Ill be arriving saturday morning for wheeling and camping that night, wheeling sunday again, and heading home afterwards.

See you all Saturday/Sunday!
I do have the extra 5 gal of propane and I carry a grill that will work for anybody wanting to burn meat ,The sign posts are done they will have our Chapter Emblem and S J C on them.

okay - last opportunity... We will be at Cle Elum Safeway Sunday morning at 8:30 rolling by 8:45 to the campsite to meet the crowd and wheel by 10:00.

Anyone wants to go with us, meet us at Safeway. I'm in a Red 99 XJ and my son will be driving his black Scrambler.

:wave1: :peace:

Wow, the SJC crew sure is giving me a hard time for not going. :D:D:D

Good thing I'm not, anyway. Turns out the wobble in the front end that has been giving me a hard time is indeed my ball joints. Hooray, the ones I replaced a little over a year ago are shot already. And the original ones that were there weren't even bad. :rolleyes: One of those cases where maintaining something actually did more harm than good. 140k miles on the originals and thought it would be a good idea to replace them. :gonnablow

Back