• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley June 8th.

What day would you like to go to Walker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Just trying to figure out if anyone would be up to run Walker on the 7th or 8th.

This will be my last weekend in Bellingham and would like to actually wheel Walker in my own jeep, now that it has been blinged out to the max.:sunshine: Michael I don't know what else is needed before we can start doing work on Expressway, but maybe this could be a time for more pictures or to get the DNR out to see some of the problems and what should be done.

So whose game?:eyes:

-Alex
Edit: june 8th 9AM, Joes parking lot, I5 exit 227/college way, Mount Vernon

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Walker Valley Run- June 7th

I might be up for it.

I *might* be able to make this work. Give me a couple of days to verify that I can juggle a couple of things around.

Getting the DNR up there is the next step and I just need to find a convenient time to do that. I would try to coordinate it with her at the same time if we make this trip happen.

I will let you know ASAP.

Michael

I am busy all day on the 7th but If you did it on the 8th I'd be in :shocked:
Shocking, I know.
-Ryan

Last edited:

Blkxjkrawler said:
Shocking, I know.
-Ryan
The 8th is a repair run at Reiter

Blkxjkrawler said:
Shocking, I know.
-Ryan

8th might work better for me also.

I would consider a camp out. :flame: Then I could wheel both days. If anyone else would be up for this, let me know. BUT either way I will be there.

Either the 7th or the 8th would work for me, I have finals the next week so I will be "studying" at some point over the weekend.

The Reiter repair run is mainly for BYS and I am not taking my jeep on that trail so I don't have a problem running Walker on the 8th.

-Alex

They are also doing some work on cable & the wall trail. Cable is f--- up bad. The mud section on the entrance is what people are using to enter now.

supsa said:
They are also doing some work on cable & the wall trail. Cable is f--- up bad. The mud section on the entrance is what people are using to enter now.

the wall entrance is F'd up bad. Theres a 5ft mud hole at the begining. I watched a guy on 38s nose dive in.

I saw some funny sh!t go on in that hole :smootch:

supsa said:
I saw some funny sh!t go on in that hole :smootch:

I almost killed m jeep in that hole

Would a rig with a 4.5" lift, 33's, open rear and lsd front make it ok? I've heard it can get pretty nasty there without locked diff's. If so, I can probably make it either day and finally get to meet a few of you.

Ra-kez said:
Would a rig with a 4.5" lift, 33's, open rear and lsd front make it ok? I've heard it can get pretty nasty there without locked diff's. If so, I can probably make it either day and finally get to meet a few of you.

Should be fine. Rocker protection is the one big recommendation at Walker. The Expressway trail can be a problem but with friends you will get through.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=934049&highlight=church

I might be in on the 7th. We had planned on another outing up there on the 8th, I will see if we can swap the dates around.

Mac

WaXJ_Skier said:
the wall entrance is F'd up bad. Theres a 5ft mud hole at the begining. I watched a guy on 38s nose dive in.

i drove in that hole not expecting to much of a drop, i was wrong, and i have 33s, didnt get stuck though

macs97XJ said:
I might be in on the 7th. We had planned on another outing up there on the 8th, I will see if we can swap the dates around.

Mac
Don't change anything yet, I think we might be changing our date to the 8th, Alex?

Regardless, I cannot go on the 7th but will be going up there on the 8th to break in or just plain break some new mods.
-Ryan

dan302492 said:
i drove in that hole not expecting to much of a drop, i was wrong, and i have 33s, didnt get stuck though

my hitch got me hung up.

Originally Posted by Metal Thrasher
Should be fine. Rocker protection is the one big recommendation at Walker. The Expressway trail can be a problem but with friends you will get through.

Definitely one of the first things I did to the xj. I'll probably bring the wife along too.

Back