• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ rear Disk E-brake shoes,premature wear.

theoriginalscion

NAXJA Forum User
Did a ZJ rear disk conversion 7 months ago. E-brake shoes are worn down on top side but not towards bottom of shoes. I have the brake setup off a 94 Grand. (In 95 the Rear pads are different,got wrong pads first try.) but rotor and e-brake shoes all have same part numbers.
There is no draging of brakes. wheels spin easily off ground and jeep rolls with no resistance. There is also little wear to inside off rotor, its actually kind of rusted over. I have E-brakles adjusted well, Jeep holds well in gear, and on hills.
Its like the shoes keep wanting to work there way up. I ground down some material on shoes and was able to make clearences better. But I can still hear rotor rubbing againt shoes as I spin wheels.
Anyone else had premature E-brake shoe wear with 94 ZJ setup?

a little off topic but what is the difference between the 94 brake pads and the 95-98 pads?

I just got the parts for my zj disc conversion but I don't know what year grand they came off of.

Backing plates are different in 94 then 95. Pads are listed for vehicles up to a certain Vin number, and after number. later pads have a little bigger mounting ears. You could grind down the latter pads to fit. There are also more options for pad material for 95 and up.
I did same thing. Forgot what year I got Disks off of. I thought it was a 95, but I needed pads for a 94.

you don't happen to have the p/n off the backing plate/caliper mount for me to check against mine?

Back