• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a Detours USA rear bumper and tire carrier or a C4x4 one. I like the look of the Detours a little bit more, but I was wondering which one had a stronger mounting system? Also, does anyone know if I would be able to use a rear hitch with the Detours Bumper?

The Detours bumper is pure sex. I don't know if your XJ is street legal or not, or how State inspection is in AR, but here in Jersey it's probably the only such bumper/carrier that I know for sure would pass inspection. The hinges don't block the tail lights, and an added bonus is that the tire is mounted in your natural blind spot so that you can still see out the rear window. I'm saving up my pennies for this one. I like how they have built in lower 1/4 panel guards too. I think I still have some large photos they sent me last year of the hinges & stuff. Lemme look around. If I have them I can email them to you or post 'em here. The C4x4 is nice as well but the tire is mounted in the center, so kiss rear view goodbye. I wheel in trees and it's necessary to back up sometimes, so that's important to me.
Either way, they're pretty good bumpers.

Back