• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campground Question

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
I see on the Echo Valley Calendar the following item listed for Wednesday, June 18:

"Welcome NAXJA (NAC Fest) (3 PM - 4 PM)"

Thus, I wonder - what constitutes a "Welcome"?

Rob

Another campground question, hijacking the thread title.

I've always just camped at Rausch. How is this place set up as far as tow rigs/trailers?

Typically I live out of my truck when camping at these things. Hopefully it's easy to pull the truck and trailer in and out each day to go up to Rausch. The other alternatives are to leave the XJ and trailer at Rausch (staff permitting), or just drive the XJ up and down each day (NAXJA rules permitting; you guys probably know my rig by now, which IS currently registered in NJ and insured with proper liability coverage, but 'sketchy' by DMV standards nonetheless).

Just looking for some insight from those who have camped there before.

vetteboy said:

I've always just camped at Rausch. How is this place set up as far as tow rigs/trailers?

Typically I live out of my truck when camping at these things. Hopefully it's easy to pull the truck and trailer in and out each day to go up to Rausch. The other alternatives are to leave the XJ and trailer at Rausch (staff permitting), or just drive the XJ up and down each day (NAXJA rules permitting; you guys probably know my rig by now, which IS currently registered in NJ and insured with proper liability coverage, but 'sketchy' by DMV standards nonetheless).

The cg is accomadating to trucks/trailers, shouldn't be a problem, as far as driving your rig, thats up to you to take that chance, hell if its jersey legal ah wait nevermind....lol. Anyway you should be ok driving it if ya want.

STROKER

vetteboy said:

As far as driving your XJ back and forth, you got a whole lotta tire hanging out of that thing....if there happened to be a cop at the gas station or getting on/off of 81, he may give you a hard time. The folks at the cg shouldn't have a problem with you sleeping in your truck, as long as you pay the "tent camping" fees. I will be leaving tow rig and trailer at the cg, they have a big field to park in there.

A.

Andy in Pa. said:
As far as driving your XJ back and forth, you got a whole lotta tire hanging out of that thing....if there happened to be a cop at the gas station or getting on/off of 81, he may give you a hard time. The folks at the cg shouldn't have a problem with you sleeping in your truck, as long as you pay the "tent camping" fees. I will be leaving tow rig and trailer at the cg, they have a big field to park in there.

A.

C'mon, it looks perfectly normal going down the road. :D

n24800499_31188335_3956.jpg

In thinking about it more I probably won't have it 'done' enough to really want to do that anyway...I've got a lot of front end reconstructive work to do yet.

I'll be doing a tent for sure - but the tent I've got is pretty small, so I tend to leave things like coolers, duffel bags, food, electronics, etc in the truck. Which means having it close by is cool but not necessary.

Meh...I'm not too concerned about it, I was just curious more than anything. :)

Back