• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas tank fill neck size ?

well, something desided to get up between the gas tank and the frame rail and puncture the gas tank fill neck where it was unprotected. now when i fill up, some of the precious liquid drips merciously to the ground waisted. its a big deal cause it is wasting money and creats a spill.

i need to know what size the hose is, diamiter and length. also, if anyone has a trick of the trade to replacing the hose (goes from gas cap to tank by the way) that would be greatly apreciated. i realy dont want to have to drop the tank.

thanks in advance
stewie

Depending on where the hole is, you may be abl;e to replace just the filler neck (#2 in the diagram).

fillerneckok7.jpg

fillerneck2xw7.jpg

Saudade said:
Depending on where the hole is, you may be abl;e to replace just the filler neck

thanks. the hole(s)or tear (unknown how large) is (as looking from the rear bumper to the front) to the immediate left of the gas tank right between the gas tank and the frame rail.

95 xj

stewie

I guess it depends if it's above or below the clamp.

Back