• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lost a leaf ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
so my shims exploded this weekendand it completely chewed up the center pins. somewhere along the trail back to camp to button it back together i lost the short bottom spring on the pass side. replaced it temporarily yesterday with the short stock one from my old springs. there's a lil to much sag on the pass side for me. so my question is when i get the new shims and U-bolts etc... can i order just the lower spring ? what are my options otherwise ? these were farely new RE 4.5" full leafs.

suggestions ?

Rod, I am not sure exactly how your spring pack allowed a leaf out of it? I assume the leaf must have broken in half. Are the center pin's still both there?

I am not sure if you can find a replacement single leaf without looking for a use set (I actually might have a pair if you want them PM me and I will see what I have). If I am right and you can't find a new set of single leafs then I would find an alternative set of single leafs (either a pair of short stocks? or an alternative 4.5" leaf pack and just take the shorts out of it). Anything could work as long as it looks right and doesn't put any undo stress anywhere on the leafs above them.

From now on you might want to double check your u-bolt torque Hasta

Michael

2xtreme said:
Rod, I am not sure exactly how your spring pack allowed a leaf out of it? I assume the leaf must have broken in half. Are the center pin's still both there?

I am not sure if you can find a replacement single leaf without looking for a use set (I actually might have a pair if you want them PM me and I will see what I have). If I am right and you can't find a new set of single leafs then I would find an alternative set of single leafs (either a pair of short stocks? or an alternative 4.5" leaf pack and just take the shorts out of it). Anything could work as long as it looks right and doesn't put any undo stress anywhere on the leafs above them.

From now on you might want to double check your u-bolt torque Hasta

Michael

me thinks when the shims went, it created alot of extra space for the leafs to slide around, which inturn caused the center pins to go. when we actually caught on that something was amiss, one of the other short leafs was actually about 4 inches from coming out also. was actually rubbing pretty deep into the gas skid, lol.

Back