• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler rims and tiers on XJ

justin_502

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know the offset on wrangler rims? I put a pair of these on my XJ 32x11.50x15 I just put RE 4.5 lift coils upper/lower control arms and a re HD trackbar/drop bracket and new shocks, They rub pritty good even with the flairs off and trimmed a lil. Im not a big fan of bumpstops because I like the flex, but I think I might not have a choice!
offroad1034.jpg

offroad1041.jpg

offroad1050.jpg

If the rims in question are the one in your picture, those are not rims that came from the factory on a wrangler. Do a search on measuring backsapcing, very very easy to due. Stock cherokee's have 5.25, I think you want to be more around 3.75" or 4" of backspacing.

those are definitely not factory back spacing they look much wider, 4.5" lift you should't be rubbing with 32's. I have a little rub both front and rear when I flex it out and I'm running 265/76-16's on rubicon wheels. here is a couple pics of mine
100_1784.jpg

102_2110.jpg

102_2118.jpg

I think with that wide of wheels your gonna need some major trimming

99xjclassic said:
If the rims in question are the one in your picture, those are not rims that came from the factory on a wrangler. Do a search on measuring backsapcing, very very easy to due. Stock cherokee's have 5.25, I think you want to be more around 3.75" or 4" of backspacing.

You sure on that? Mopar Beadlocks for the JK are 6.25 and can run 35's.

They are american racing rims, I got them used off of a wrangler, they stick out pritty damn far! prolly about an inch past the stock flares when I had them on. Think with trimming they would be ok, or look for different rims?

Look how close the rear tire is to the sheetmetal in the first set of pics. The only way to fix that is to get different rims, get a bigger lift, or trim some more. Too bad you can't trim much more in the rear though.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
Mopar Beadlocks for the JK are 6.25 and can run 35's.

Maybe, I'll take your word for it.

But the JK is 5x5, isn't it? So it's kind of irrelevant, in regards to an XJ swap, huh?

Robert

They will fit you just have to trim more
33x13.50 on 10" wide rims with plenty of back spacing:
0902071445ma0.jpg

don't be afriad to get rid of some useless sheet metal. I have larger tires with the same lift and it just barely touchs at full flex. If you wheel it keep ur flex and trim it. Width helps you on the trail.

90XJay said:
They will fit you just have to trim more... don't be afriad to get rid of some useless sheet metal.

4LowandGo said:
If I were to do it all over again I'd go with 15x8s with a normal amount of backspacing.

Justin, these are your two real options.

I myself, did both. :D

Robert

Yeh I think im going to run some new rims, 15x8 do you think with a 4 inch backspacing they would tuck under? Also are these 5 on 5 lug pattern?

justin_502 said:
Do you think with a 4 inch backspacing they would tuck under?

Should be fine, 3.5-4" is pretty standard on cheap aftermarket wheels.

justin_502 said:
Also are these 5 on 5 lug pattern?

Nope, you need 5x4.5. The 5x5 is just the new Wranglers and Grands.

Robert

300$XJ said:
those are definitely not factory back spacing they look much wider, 4.5" lift you should't be rubbing with 32's. I have a little rub both front and rear when I flex it out and I'm running 265/76-16's on rubicon wheels. here is a couple pics of mine
I think with that wide of wheels your gonna need some major trimming
You realize that the Rubi wheels have a different backspacing then regular TJ wheels?

The new JKs are 5x5, and did not come with beadlocks.

4LowandGo said:
Look how close the rear tire is to the sheetmetal in the first set of pics. The only way to fix that is to get different rims, get a bigger lift, or trim some more. Too bad you can't trim much more in the rear though.
You can trim at least 4'' out of those rear fenders. It takes a bit more work, but its not that hard.

My Jeep originally looked like the OPs, with 4.5'' of lift, 32s on 15x10 2.5'' of BS. Minus the blowing beads off like crazy, I loved it. Personally I dont like those wheels you have, but I liked the stability that I had with the large offset.

edit: I forgot to mention how extreme that flex on the curb is. Mall rated, yo.

Back