• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hard acceleration

Eisenherz

NAXJA Forum User
I looked through posts and gave up searching. Sorry if this is addressed in another post.

Anyways, 89 Laredo, Straight 6, Automatic, dont know if that helps. My problem is during acceleration when you get your foot in it my jeep used to get up and go. Now after getting new 33's, offset rims, and all new brake parts. It seems to be real hard to get on it. It struggles, sort of feels like its locking up or binding. Not sure if taking it out and wheeling it did anything, cause i didnt beat it up that good.

Also in reverse on a slight slope in and out of 4wd, Im getting a nice humming sound like its stuck good against something. But only every once in awhile.

Thanks if anyone knows whats going on

for 33's 4.56's if its more of a trail rig id go 4.88's, if you got the D35 rear axle id swap it out for a D44 or ford 8.8

Yeah - the problem is that your new tires are 5" taller than stock so you need to go to the 4x4 shop and say "I need 4.56 gears". They'll probably charge 800$ but you'll have a decent jeep again.

Regear or get smaller tires. :\
That D35 is okay for mild use but with 33's something is going to break on you.

Going to put 4.88 gears in it. One of the mechanics at the shop put 4.88's in his cherokee and is satisfied so I'm going to give them a shot.

Back