• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley Outing(BIG PICS)

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
WARNING: No XJ Pics (My XJ was missing a U-Joint for this Trip).

I group of us from work planned an outing for yesterday, but after working to get my t-case back in, and then receiving the wrong d-shaft I could not take my XJ on this trip, to bad because this place had some pretty good trails. I have not been up to Walker Valley before this trip, and I will be back to wheel a lot more. Most of the trails were pretty easy. Look at the group we had:

1 Bone Stock 4 Banger YJ (with street Tires)
1- 4 Banger YJ with 31
1 RUBICLONE with 33's and 5 inch lift. And we ran into an BUILT RUBI with a Winch, which by the way we would still be on the very last trail if he was not there. If he would not have been there, we would not have taken the trail...:)

28iwwu1.jpg

2b8fpx.jpg

ws66j6.jpg

This is why you Build your own Jeep, and not trust other peoples work
9hqf5j.jpg

Flexing it back out to stuff the Spring back into place
2cpugs8.jpg

2vryeqb.jpg

The stock 4 banger YJ with street tires made it up the 1st trail without assistance, once we broke from the top pic they all needed a little winching to make it up the final leg, and down the rock falls back onto the original trail.

If you have not been up to Walker Valley, and are just looking for a nice outing you can take the lower trails with pretty good ease. No one received any body damage or rash. Even the streeter, we had to be drug a couple of times across the rock areas.

Mac

Last edited:
There are challenging trails at Walker, you just didn't run any of them.

But yes, it's a great little park, well worth the trip.

I am sure there are more challenging ones up there. We will be heading back up one weekend next month to spend the day. It was a lot of fun to see the stock Jeeps having a ball on some of the trails.

mac

Back