• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need lift help quick

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
Putting on some ZJ coils and spacer. I got the old broken coils off and am trying to jack the one end up to fit the coils in and no go.. is there a trick I need to do so I can get some more space for these coils?

disco all the steering components, and if that doesn't help then you'll have to disco the control arms at the axle side.

Disco all shocks & sway bar WITH THE WHEELS LEVEL - don't mess with the sway bar if one end is higher than the other, ask me how I know...
get both front wheels off the ground a few inches, put stands under the frame somewhere. Jack one wheel higher, forcing the opposite side to droop. Put a stock bottle / scissors jack in place between axle and frame on the drooped side. Force it lower (not so far as to break anything...) and now you should have room for the new spring. Other way to do it is to actually sit on the brake rotor for that extra 2 inches or so, but that gets a little awkward and might qualify as "stupid".

i know most people say dont mess with a spring compressor but i used one and just was extremely CAREFUL. Saved some time unbolting stuff.

just disconnect the shocks and the lca's and the track bar

bluejeepkid said:
just disconnect the shocks and the lca's and the track bar

X2 and the sway bar also. Then the axle will be able to drop low enough. The strut compressor. OOOOOOUUUUUCCCHHHHHHH never again. I was trying to move it to one side and well the two pieces decided to meet in the middle, my finger was inbetween them when they meet. It ttok a good chunk outta my finger. Just far warning, be VERY careful if you use one.

Back