• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1" Shackles; JKS & RE

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing OE HD leaf packs on both my XJs and wanted to learn if these banana style shackles would also be useful for additional rear tire clearance (I have 31x10.50R15 that are waiting for the new HD leafs to be installed.).

Does anyone here have experience with these shackles? Road & trail ride quality, flex, etc.? Both are excellent companies so my guess is no ill affects from using these.

Please advise.

Rick

I run the 1" JKS boomerangs, they work great with my OME leafs. They give you an extra 1" of lift over stock shackles (to answer your clearance question) and IMO, they help flex AND ride better.

JNickel101 said:
I run the 1" JKS boomerangs, they work great with my OME leafs. They give you an extra 1" of lift over stock shackles (to answer your clearance question) and IMO, they help flex AND ride better.

Sorry for the slight Hijack, but I can't remember if you're also running the OME AALs? I have the AALs, but have been thinking another inch of travel, provided by JKS or TnT shackles might be good. The OME packs are pretty flexy as-is--you've had no issues with flattening or wrap? Thanks!

Right now, I'm not...but when I return in 2-3 months, that's one of the first things I'm gonna put in...might use 2, I dunno. I change my mind a lot - I might also buy a second XJ :D

Never had a problem with wrap or flattening!

JNickel101 said:
Right now, I'm not...but when I return in 2-3 months, that's one of the first things I'm gonna put in...might use 2, I dunno. I change my mind a lot - I might also buy a second XJ :D

Never had a problem with wrap or flattening!

Thanks for the FB. I've also thought about adding a second set of AALs. As the Jeep gets heavier, I kinda regret not getting the HD springs. Just put the ARB bumer/winch on and lost probably 3/4" of front travel--now have to crank up the ACOS to compensate.

Yeah, the OME930 coils are WAY too soft. I highly recommend the OME934 (ZJ) coils...

are you using OE or OME springs? I was thinking of getting some OE HD springs (from the upcountry package I think) and 1" shackles when I get the new XJ and was wondering how that would do for around 2 inches of lift.

I am running the TNT 1" shackles, and love them. you may have to cut or remove the lower bumper bolt on each side to let them stuff all the way back, but the flex really nice, especially once you remove the rear swaybar.

EvanH said:
are you using OE or OME springs? I was thinking of getting some OE HD springs (from the upcountry package I think) and 1" shackles when I get the new XJ and was wondering how that would do for around 2 inches of lift.

We're talking about Old Man Emu. I guess your idea would work--not sure about the longevity as shackles put more stress on the packs.

tomcat said:
I am running the TNT 1" shackles, and love them. you may have to cut or remove the lower bumper bolt on each side to let them stuff all the way back, but the flex really nice, especially once you remove the rear swaybar.

TnT is good parts--my bellypan has worked nicely. That said, I have had super luck with my JKS UCAs, LCAs, QDs, Track bar, ACOS and LCA skids. And yeah, the rear swaybar deletion was one of my first mods. Thanks for the FB!

EvanH said:

Back