• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my first cage

xjeepers2

NAXJA Forum User
so i started this last sat and just finished thurs.

Well i give props to all the guys who do this on a regular basis because for my first time it was harder than hell.

what kind of cae did you start with? or did you do all the bendin of tube as well??

i started with the d and c cage and then i did the rest

right on. i also have the d and c cage sitting in my garage i just dont know if i trust my own welds. are you an experianced welder? what kind did you use?

well i have made three diff bumpers and rock sliders i have welded some but if u know how to get a good beed and u use the right amps im sure u should b fine. i dont know on the welder ill check and get back to you.

Wholly SH*T!! Where you going to put the groceries? :roflmao:

Looks pretty sweet, got any pics of how you tied the cage into the floor and strengthen that part?

ya i still have to glue the carpet down so when i do that, ill take some pics.

dave92cherokee said:
Looks pretty sweet, got any pics of how you tied the cage into the floor and strengthen that part?

I couldnt get to all the bolt bc some of them went into the unbody and then i also welted them to the floor. with plats underneth aswell.

Smittty9785 said:
right on. i also have the d and c cage sitting in my garage i just dont know if i trust my own welds. are you an experianced welder? what kind did you use?

I used this. For the tacking together i used mig and then i convertided it to flux cored when i welded it all the way up.

Back