• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 Choices

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
97XJ, 4.0, 277K.

Getting bad gas mileage and want to try changing out the O2 sensors.

I have ready many posts on this and apparently no consensus as to whether Bosch is any better than OxygenGeek brand.

Anyone have any definitive proof that Bosch is better and worth the extra $, or should I just go with the cheaper brand?

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

What exactly is bad gas mileage? Is it lifted or modified? Just curious. I have a stock Cherokee and got 15 mpg on the last tank. But that included a lot of trail riding and city driving. I hardly ever drive it on the highway.

Greg

duntov said:
What exactly is bad gas mileage? Is it lifted or modified? Just curious. I have a stock Cherokee and got 15 mpg on the last tank. But that included a lot of trail riding and city driving. I hardly ever drive it on the highway.

Greg

I get about 16 MPG. I am lifted 3" and run 30" BFG-AT's. My mileage has dropped over the last year, all things being equal. I am mostly a highway driver, and at 277K miles I only remember changing the downstream sensor once, the upstream might be original. Since gas is so expensive, I might as well change out the O2 sensors and I would expect a mileage increase from what I have read in the O2 threads.

Back