• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECU FLASH Reprogrammer...

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
Interesting the things you can find in the middle of other researches, isn't it?

http://www.cardone.com/english/club/Promotions.asp

This thing is supposed to work with:
2002-2003 KJ Engine Controller
2003, 2005 KJ Transmission Controller
2004 KJ Powertrain Controller
1997-2004 TJ Engine Controller
2003-2004 TJ Transmission Controller
1996-1997 XJ Engine Controller
1999-2001 XJ Engine Controller (No, I don't know why there's a break for 1998.)
1996-1998 ZJ Engine Controller
2005 WK Transmission Controller
2005 WK Gateway Controller (Not sure what this one is. Yet...)
1999-2004 WJ Engine Controller
1999-2004 WJ Transmission Controller
1999-2000 WJ Powertrain Controller

Why do I bring this up? Because I seem to recall people asking about ECU/PCM Flashing recently, so I thought I'd share...

No, I don't know what the thing costs.
No, I'm not sure how it works.
No, I don't know if applications not listed are planned for coverage (it's current according to their own reference sheet. I checked to-day 23MAY08)
Nor am I certain just how much you can change.

However, if anyone does work up some interest, and finds anything else out, I'd like to hear about it for my own files. I've got plenty to work on as it is, and I don't have a vehicle that is covered that I'd be interested in reprogramming, so it's really not worth it for me to ask. But, this seems like something that someone else might be interested in. I've been using Cardone parts for a number of years with good results, and they've been remanning ECUs and such for as long as I care to think about, so I think they've got a handle on things - and that would seem to make this sort of thing worthwhile.

Back