• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gr. Cherokee coils?

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago i scored a set of springs that were in the back of a grand cherokee. remembering that they give roughly an inch more lift, i bought them. i'm pretty sure that they are v8 ones but i'm not positive. they are about .050-.070" bigger in wire diameter than my stock ones. is this true about the v8 coils? thanks for your help.

they're a stiffer spring rate, and generally net a few inches of lift.

i have my own stash of parts in the back seat.... right now there's a pair of shocks for the rear. i can't get the old ones out so i'm PB blasting every day. i'll give it a shockin a couple days again. really don't feel like cutting stuff. sorry for the aside.

I tried the V8 Front G.Cherokee springs and i got about 1.5" lift and i added another rubber insulator that sits on top of the spring in the perch and got me to 2" lift.

That was a couple months ago, since i have upgraded much of my suspension. But it worked with 30's well at the time.

Back