• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any XJ Heavy Duty Leaf Pack Issues?

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to install the HD rear leaf packs in both of my XJs. It appears these do ride a little harsher from the comments I've found regarding their use. I did not see any comments indicating the HD leaf pack suffers from the same issues the standard duty leaf pack does. Meaning, will the rear end of my XJ sag in time with the HD leafs, etc.

Can the HD leafs eliminate the need for building an S-10/S-15 hybrid leaf pack?

Please advise.

Rick

The biggest reason to build a bastard pack for an XJ is to lift the rear, at a lower cost. While the HD pack will lift it some, it is at most 1.5" or so vs. 3" + for the bastard pack depending on how you build it.

In regards to sagging... all leaf springs will sag after time and weight have taken their toll.

I've got the HD packs in my 92, and I am more than happy with the way that they ride. I have not noticed any additional harshness after installing them. *shrug*

I've had mine on for 5 years and I think they ride fine and no sag so far. I've since added a RC 3" add-a-leaf to it.

Thanks for the responses guys.

It appears the HD will perform better than the standard duty XJ leaf packs from the comments you posted. These will meet my needs for lift as I installed 31x10.50R15 tires and it appears these have no clearance issues on the front axle. So I was a little concerned about bump stop issues under compression of the suspension. I did not want to install the tires on a permament basis until I changed the leaf springs.

Furthermore, it also appears I can add a S-10 leaf or two next year as these HD leafs are not expected to degrade like the standard duty leafs. Everyone comments on the mistake of adding an AAL to a weak standard duty leaf pack.

My reason for having the S-10 leaves was to avoid the problems associated with the standard duty leafs. The HD leaves may solve these in themselves.

Thanks again.

Rick

I have the HD leafs from Quadratec and I love them. They sit higher than stock replacements and they ride just like stock leafs.

Back