• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Center Console for MJ

rworks

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I just replaced my bench sent in the '87 Comanche with buckets and now I want a center console.

I figure I can go to a junk yard and pull one from an XJ, but what year and body style would be the easiest fit?

Yes, I know the cab in the MJ is too short for a full-length console. But I got me a hacksaw and I'll take care of that.

The 97+ consoles are nicer, and since you don't have the e-brake to deal with either one would probably fit fine. The one in my '96 doesn't go past the back of the front seats, so I don't think you'll need the hacksaw.

according to the 1992 Jeep Full line brochure, the full length consoles were an option on the MJ's so any will work, but the 97+ have a much better cup holder, arm rest.... yeah just go with the 97+ you'll like it much better.

I just put a 97 XJ console and 2-door buckets in my MJ. Worked like a charm and fit perfect. Even some of the screw holes for the old console fit. It was sweet. Now I have cup holders, storage, and an armrest.

Back