• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Searched, No dice

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
I put two 7'' 100W driving lamps on the front of my xj. Wired them up, they work great. Only one problem.....

I have no interior lights, headlights, blinkers, reverse lights or brake lights.

Does anyone have any clue what happened?

Blinker fluid full?

Wireing gremlins....

My battery. I ran a wire with a fuse in it to my lighted switch. then another wire to my lights, which split into two wires, and the lights are grounded from two wires going into one to the battery. If you can understand that.

Thats what I was afraid of. And its not like i could have messed any wiring up, these lights are on a completely new and independant circut than anything else.

Found it.

Looks like when i hooked the positie up to the stub on the solinoid (Ford style, on the fender), i didnt put the fusable link for the headlights on.:gee::doh:

I guess thats what you get for doing it at night in a poorly lit driveway with your jeep halfway in the garage, and not paying attention to what you took off. At least i know all my fuses are good.:rolleyes:

I did same thing once, the alternator eyelet got left out of the bunch of wires that attach to the solenoid, thought I had a bad alternator. I love it when it is something that simple, suprisingly common mistake though.

Back