• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gauge cluster???????

konoff1998

NAXJA Forum User
yesterday i was driving and all of a sudden the gauge cluster stopped working(odometer,speepdometer,ect) and so did the radio so i checked all fuses and cant find one blown i mean i checked everysingle one under hood and kick plate wiggled all the electrical connections under dash but to no avail was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Are there any indications on the odometer; such as NO BUS... or is the odometer totally blank?
What is the voltage at the battery?
Does the engine still start and run?
Without further information.... it will be difficult to troubleshoot further..
You might try connecting a OBDII scan tool to see if there are any active codes.... A scan tool can be borrowed at the local AutoZone.

Letting us know the year of your Jeep would help us help you a little better.

I had a fuse in the PDC (under hood fuse box) blow on me in my '99. My radio, interior lights, and guages all stopped working.

Are you positive everything is good in there?

My bad, I thought it was in the OP. I have a 1997. Exact same issue except my fuse #16 in the PDC blows right when I put in a new fuse. I know it's related, but do I just have to trace a short? Is a wire rubbing metal somewhere?

I'm not sure how it really works, but I've been studying the wiring diagrams and have come down to that I need to follow the pink wire from fuse 16 and see where it goes? At least I think...

I would say yes, you need to trace a short.

The reason I was having problems and was blowing fuses was my drivers door switch (the one that shuts the interior lights off when a door is closed), shorted out due to corrosion. It was easy for me to fix my problem because I knew what it was. The lights stopped coming on when I opened driver door, then one day the interior lights just stayed on, and would go off every time I opened the door, then it just started blowing fuses.

Back