• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Memorial Day Rides near Mt. Rainier?

ehappy

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy, I'm fairly new to NAXJA and Washington. Been in WA for nearly 2 years, but, my off highway experiences have been in Snohomish County. (Reiter, and some other areas)

I just put a Rusty's 3" HD spring kit on my 95XJ and BFG AT's in 31x10.5 and LOVE the ride! Lots more stuff is planned, mostly recovery gear, roof rack, bumpers etc...

I wanna pop it's proverbial off-road cherry again this weekend, preferably near Mt. Rainier. Anyone headed that way for a little exploration this holiday weekend?

Eric
--
.sig on backorder:eeks1:

ehappy said:
I wanna pop it's proverbial off-road cherry again this weekend, preferably near Mt. Rainier. Anyone headed that way for a little exploration this holiday weekend?

Eric
--
.sig on backorder:eeks1:
Almost every off road are is going to be totally snowed in. With the record snows we've had this year it's going to be a while until higher altitude areas (about 2000 ft, if not lower) are accessible unless you've got a snow cat. Just a heads up before you drive all the way out there.

-----Matt-----

The areas around Mt.Rainier that would be open are logging roads and those would be limited including Evans Creek and Elbe Hills.
If your in the Seattle area you might be better off heading over I 90 toward CleElum,Liberty or Menashtash Creek areas to run roads and trails ,that would be about an hour drive and less traffic on sat or sunday to get there.

How equiped are you and are you looking for 1 day or the weekend ?
I`ll be on here 1 more time tomarrow morning ,leaving by noon headed to that area.

I'm just looking for a mild day run.

Equipped:
Hi-Lift
30' tow strap
12' come along
Hand tools
Air Compressor
Full SAR Mission Pack

I wish I had a winch... that'll come soon enough.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just stick to Reiter, or maybe Walker Valley. That way I can drop by my buddies house on the way back and check out his Porsche.

--
Eric
--
.sig delivery attempted, but noone was home. UPS will attempt delivery 2 more times before returning your friggin package to where it came from.

Well, we ended up at Reiter, and the place was a zoo. 1000 people all sitting, poseing, in the parking lot. We took the road up to the copper mine, continued up to the top and enjoyed the view.

Took a run up Sultan Basin road too and found a few trails worthy of exploring once the snow melts, and I have lockers and a winch. I think I hit my first official Washington Mud there too.

I'm just trying to shake the jeep down a bit to see if there's anything needing attention, like, the U-Joints... I'm gonna go through and replace them all within a few weeks, prior to the lockers going in.

That is all

--
Eric

Back