• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

special tool

tag

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, anyone have a pic of the tool used to disconnect the fuel line from the injector rail on top of the engine, ? as i live in the uk it's hard to find this special tool, and i thought maybe i could make something up if i had an idea what it looks like!!..........cheers..

800009.jpg

RCP: Is there a name for that thing? P/N? I have a set of new Bosch injectos I'm about to install on my 1990, but I wasn't aware I'd need that. Thanks.

I have to swap a header on my 94 soon and i dont want to disturb the orings on intake or fuel rail and end up chasing leaks....or replacing injectors.

On my 88 i was able to just use a pair of needle nose pliars to gently collapse the plastic clip and pull the line off, will i be able to do this with the 94?

Or is it a different design?

John B said:
I have to swap a header on my 94 soon and i dont want to disturb the orings on intake or fuel rail and end up chasing leaks....or replacing injectors.

On my 88 i was able to just use a pair of needle nose pliars to gently collapse the plastic clip and pull the line off, will i be able to do this with the 94?

Or is it a different design?

if you use pliers, you will damage the connection. go to autozone. buy a set of fuel line disconnects (like in the picture shown above, but they usually come in a set with different sizes.). now disconnect the fuel line the proper way. done.

the injectors slip into the rail, and you don't need to remove the rail from the fuel line to change injectors.

The tool is to remove the fuel line from the fuel rail.

Thanx..... so how do you use it .... i imagine you would have to get it over the fuel pipe to get it on to the conector, but its a tube is there a slot in it?........

OK, I was just a bit confused. Quick disconnect fittings are the same on RENIX and HO. They shouldn't be reused anyway, so you're OK depressing the plastic tabs to release. P/N for the repair kit is 83502745. Price varies widely between dealerships, but chyslerpartsdirect has them for $12 and change. Two required, inlet and outlet.

Back