• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Body Spacer

kf_chris

NAXJA Forum User
So I know this has been covered at length but I thought that I'd say something about the Rusty's Spacer. I can put up pictures if anyone needs or wants.
It only takes about 40 or so minutes to do the install. They include decent hardware, but the orange color doesn't jive with the red...oh well.
My throttle body isn't too terribly dirty, so I didn't clean it. Fitting the two gaskets under the spacer and the throttle body could get to be a chore, but it's not too bad.
Once it got all buttoned up, checked for leaks and linkage. On the test ride there's a little whistle that may get annoying around 2K and up to about 3500 rpm.
The low end response is a bit snappier than without the spacer. I don't really go to high rpms so I don't know how it acts yet. From what I can tell, the trottle response is like when I was running 30" tires, nice improvement so far.
I'm going on a road trip this weekend though, so i'll see how I like it.

Eventually you will learn that your butt dyno is slightly out of calibration.

A spacer on a fuel injected vehicle doesnt do anything.

it might *might* giver better throttle response, but I bet if you drove 2 identical xjs but one had a TB spacer but you weren't told which one you wouldn't tell the difference

I've had one on for awhile, and honestly I couldn't feel any difference. In fact the only reason its still on is I'm to lazy to take it off. As for the whistling, I'm to deaf to hear it, lol. But my wife b****** about it. She always hears a noise I tell her what it is and sees remembers complaining about it the last time ha ha.

XJRunner said:
it might *might* giver better throttle response, but I bet if you drove 2 identical xjs but one had a TB spacer but you weren't told which one you wouldn't tell the difference

the whistle would give it away!

other than that, I completely agree. tried it with stock intake, and then with K&N squeezed under the hood... cept for whistle, nothing, cept the $50 or so missing from my wallet.

yeah, I got it with the exhaust and intake I bought from Rusty's. I see if it actually does anything, worst case I'm out the hour have to use to take it off.

I was thinking about taking the spacer off and using the dremel to take off the "speed ridges" on the inside. I think that will get rid of the whistling noise. Has anyone done this?

Back