• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running E85 in my stroker

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I got tired of paying the high fuel prices. I built my stroker several years ago and after reading a bit thought I would give it a try. The stroker has 10.2 compression and I have a map adjuster to set the mixture.

As it turns out it runs fine. I didn't touch the MAP adjuster since I noticed I had been running a bit rich anyway. I noticed a slight drop in power and around a 10% drop in mileage, but it is hard to tell yet. I do notice that it takes an extra second of cranking to start, but at $2.79 a gallon, I will up up with it.

Anybody else have any experience?

Just make sure all your fuel lines are ok with E85. There is a reason that only certain factory vehicles are compatible with it......it will eat away at your rubber seals or hoses. So just keep you eyes on the lines and let us know what happens.

old_man said:
I got tired of paying the high fuel prices. I built my stroker several years ago and after reading a bit thought I would give it a try. The stroker has 10.2 compression and I have a map adjuster to set the mixture.

As it turns out it runs fine. I didn't touch the MAP adjuster since I noticed I had been running a bit rich anyway. I noticed a slight drop in power and around a 10% drop in mileage, but it is hard to tell yet. I do notice that it takes an extra second of cranking to start, but at $2.79 a gallon, I will up up with it.

Anybody else have any experience?

Your going to get sorry gas mileage. So that means more trips to the pump. When its all said and done, your going to be spending just about the same as gas anyway.

Muad'Dib said:
Your going to get sorry gas mileage. So that means more trips to the pump. When its all said and done, your going to be spending just about the same as gas anyway.

Who cares? Less money going to foreign oil producers and less dependence on oil. Glad your doin it, but am real curious if anyone has some longer term experience.

i filled last night at 3.88, so for it to not be worthwhile around here, there would need to be a 28.1% decrease in fuel economy. :lecture: just to put real numbers into perspective.

awesome idea either way, let us know how it goes.

Around here the E85 is almost a dollar cheaper per gallon and the station iw within a mile of my daily commute. As to eating hoses, we run 10% Ethanol here all the time. I figure if in 10 years that the hoses havent been eaten up, I should be fine. I only have 5 short pieces of hose in the whole system anyway.

i tried it in my renix stroker and it hated it. engine ran noticeably rougher. 9.8:1 compression

Back