• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm length in relation to amount of lift

Dann

NAXJA Forum User
A while back, I remember seeing a link that someone posted with approximate control arm length in relation to lift amount over stock. I'm hoping someone can help me find that chart, or point me in the right direction. Also, what is a cheap, easy, and fairly accurate way to check your camber? Damn, I just read my last question, and realized I used cheap and easy together. Those words have never applied to wrenching on my junk, in fact they have been mutually exclusive. TIA, Dann

That chart isnt accurate,its just a starting point for some to use!You can check your castor by the pinion angle,by the housing or I measure across the top of the ball joint(w/ the zerk removed).

With a degree level deal right? Damn, I suppose I sound like a dumb ass, but where does one purchase one of those? I certainly need one. Thanks, Dann

RCP, How much clearance do you have with 6.5" and those 33x10.50's. I can easily get 5.75" with spacers in the front, and I plan to get new 4.5" rear leaves soon. I'm already running RE 1.25" shackles in the rear just level the sag in my old rear springs, so the rear would be at about 5.75 or higher also. Would that give enough room to clear and articulate 33x10.50's? I only play on rocks about twice a year up in N. Carolina, and that is on medium difficulty trails at the most. I'm still making payments. It's mostly ruts and mud for me. Thanks, Dann

You can get them at Lowes,Home Depot,etc.Im still having some rubbing problems(no front flares right now and some trimming,one bent fender,and no solution),I used to run 32x10.5's with 5" and stock wheels,no problem!

Last edited:
Back