• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best rear springs to use?

256offroad

NAXJA Forum User
yes i have effin searched
thefinger.gif
.... but i wanna know what yall are running and how you like your leafs...and what brand packs are you running. and how well they flex. i am running 35s and my adda a leaf and shackle with hacked up fenders is not enough...so i am thinking about a 4.5" leaf pack with my shackle...just trying to figure out the best brand to go with...

yeah i had Rough country full 4.5" packs in my old jeep and they were way to stiff....

I only wish mine were.. I have people tell me all the time they are stiff..I take them for a ride an change there minds.. I have the 6.5 lift on mine..Flexs great... So now you can pick RE or old man.. I think thats the name

JaMMin2525 said:
i have deaver springs in my jeep, what kind of offroading do you do? I had RE springs before but my 2 door being lighter than a 4door they were just too stiff. The deaver springs are more desighned for baja style kind of offroading and have a lighter spring rate

http://www.deaverspring.com/

all rocks for me....no highway use....i was thinking of going with the 4.5" RE pack

I knew when I bought my lift I wanted a full leaf spring replacement, but I just couldn't afford it at the time. I'll use the AAL for a little while, but later I will get the replacement leaf pack. In my opinion AAL is a stop gap solution at best.

256offroad said:
yeah i had Rough country full 4.5" packs in my old jeep and they were way to stiff....

I have the RC 4.5" with the AAL and it is a ruff ride. I've only had two 4x4's and the 1983 Chevy Truck was just as rough as my XJ. I guess not knowing any better is good.

Doesn't stiff me less travel and less travel means less rub on the fenders?

I love my Big Off Road HD Leaves they flex really well and ride pretty damn good. But ive also heard reall good things about Dirk's leaves (DPG offroad).

xjcoupe said:
old man emu 4.5 are really the way to go, im running there rear full packs setup now, and havnt hit my head since, i cant help it, there posting a pic of my heep on there site, so cool, national attention to my heep.

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjtrailblazer.html

That is amazing how much that looks like a truck now, very nice. Reminds me of a Bronco.

I run Rusty's springs. His springs are the only things of his that I would run. They aren't to stiff and they flex really well. I'm running his 3.5 leafs with a teraflex 1.5 shackle

Rock Krawler 5.5" leafs and a Clayton's extended shackle. They're fine, flex well and ride pretty smooth.

i am thinking of getting rustys 4.5" since i can go pick them up and skip out on shipping....

256offroad said:
i am thinking of getting rustys 4.5" since i can go pick them up and skip out on shipping....

You ask for the best, and end up going with the cheapest? ;)

^^^ Yup, If theres one thing i've learned from the forums it's: 99% of the time, you get what you pay for...

Like others that have posted, i cant recommend Deavers enough... you truely get what you pay for. I was running an RE pack previously, they flexed fine but had no real control. The deavers flex amazing, offer more overall travel & offer amazing stabilty in off camber situations.

Back