• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhuast question

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I realize that there are other threads on this topic, but for the most part, they don't really go anywhere and just turn into big argumants so i will ask....
I need to replace the following on my cherokee, the downpipe, the muffler, and the tailpipe. not the cat. i want the system to have one inlet into the muffler and two outlets so that i can run dual pipes out the back(I realize that there is no real advantage to doing this, but just really want the nice, balanced look of dual exhuast in the back)
my question is, what size piping should i use for the downpipe and the tailpipe. I want to go to 2.5" but that won't match up with my cat so if i do that i will be removing the cat completely. i don't want to replace it because i don't have the cash right now. what is best to do here?

If you've got the money to do the dual exhaust you've got the money to replace the cat.

Back