• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech Education

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I have had several people interested in "sewing" tires recently and have offered to Doug that I would help him sew up his sidewall while we were at NWFest. The idea being that he would have a useable spare and we could all learn something along the way.

I will have my tire mounting/demounting tool with me and we will be sewing up the tire, patching from the inside and likely adding a tube and putting it back together. It should be a good learning experience for anyone who has not done this before and I thought others might be interested in seeing this.

We could also add "re-seating a bead" to the lesson for anyone that might be interested (we could do it the traditional way or the pyro way).

I know this isn't Noobfest but there any other tech type events others would like to see while we are all together? Let me know and I will consider putting together other training if it makes sense.

Michael

I'd love to learn that Michael. We have the big truck kits with the rubber "Thread" and never learned how to use it.

To add to what you are already doing, I could offer a Map reading/Land Navigation Class if there is enough interest.

John

GI-John said:
I'd love to learn that Michael. We have the big truck kits with the rubber "Thread" and never learned how to use it.
John

There is no chance you could bring one of these kits with you is there?
I would really be interested in seeing it.

Michael

Great idea. I have a few to add to the list.

1 Hi lift operation taught by Ba-reido :D
2 CB tuning
3 Recovery safety
4 Spotting

XJourney said:

2 CB tuning
3 Recovery safety
4 Spotting

I agree with all, but I really want to do #2!!
Can you bring your tuner?

Michael

XJourney said:

Ill also throw in a spelling class for you. I before E...:lecture:

I would also like the CB tuning and spotting class, maybe a proper winching technique with tree savers? Or is that more for noobfest?

-Alex

2xtreme said:
There is no chance you could bring one of these kits with you is there?
I would really be interested in seeing it.

Michael
Mine are on the slow boat back from Iraq and won't be back in time. I could ask around post or ask Erik to borrow his.

GI-John said:
Mine are on the slow boat back from Iraq and won't be back in time. I could ask around post or ask Erik to borrow his.

If it works out, cool. If not, not a problem. I was planning on useing SS wire to do Doug's tire, but I have never seen a kit or "rubber" wire.

Michael

All ideas sound great and things I would love have a training at, but won't be there until Saturday morning.

Jason

XJCasper said:
All ideas sound great and things I would love have a training at, but won't be there until Saturday morning.

Jason

Not an issue, we will do our best to keep everyone who wants to be involved in each of these "events" as much as possible.

They will be done "on the fly" as time permits.

Nothing formal.

Michael

How safe would a tire repair like that be? I was under the impression that a punctured sidewall was not repairable. :dunno: But if its safe then I would love to learn how.

Back